Chicken Fried Rice is an easy recipe with fresh chicken, leftover rice and some condiments from the pantry. From start to finish it is ready within 15 minutes. It is great way to make a fresh lunch or dinner for the kids and a sneaky way to add some vegetables to a meal too @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Chicken boneless 1 cup
- Leftover rice 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder 3 tsp
- Frozen peas 1 cup
- Baby carrots 1 cup, chopped into small pieces
- Mushroom flavored soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- Oyster sauce 1 tbsp
- Green onions for garnish
- Heat oil. Put in chicken. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Let the chicken cook for a few minutes till the chicken is nearly done.
- Add carrots. Sauté on high heat. Add in cooked rice, mushroom flavored soy sauce, garlic powder, sesame oil, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Stir fry on high heat till done.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of green onions.
The best fried rice is made from a day old rice. Make sure the rice is cold when you add it.
Mushroom flavored soy sauce is readily available in Asian food stores. Regular soy sauce can also be used if you cannot find it.
For a stronger garlicky flavor, use fresh garlic.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.