If you’ve never had this sandwich in India and you were raised in India, were you even raised there 😎😍 This sandwich is that popular. Its equally delicious hot or cold, it packs well as a quick pick-me-up snack, or as lunch or ‘tiffin’ as we used to call it. It is sold on the streets of India both at the road stalls erected at random ‘wherever there was an opportunity for such’, as well as the posh restaurants and hotels as the ‘safer’ way of eating Indian street food. The green chutney is one that is served with many Indian fast foods with its main ingredient being coriander leaf along with mint, lime, green chili and ginger. It can be used in sandwiches, wraps, as well as served as an accompaniment for samosa, pakora or any bhaji @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
- White bread 6 slices
- Amul Butter 6 tsp
- Onion 1, thinly sliced
- Black salt to taste
- Potato 1, thinly sliced
- Orange bell pepper(capsicum) ½ ,chopped
- Tomato 1, cut into rings
- Chaat masala 2 tsp
- Cumin powder 3 tsp
- Coriander mint chutney as needed
- Coriander leaf as needed
- Cheese grated, as needed
- Trim the bread slices from all sides . Apply butter on all the slices. Spread a generous layer of the chutney on each slice.
- Top one bread slice with potato, bell pepper, onion, tomato and coriander leaf. Sprinkle black salt, cumin powder and chaat masala. Lastly, put the cheese. Cover this slice with another bread slice. Repeat for the rest. For 6 bread slices we will have 3 sandwiches.
- Spread some butter on top of the bread. Put the sandwich in the sandwich maker. Grill the sandwich for a couple of minutes.
- Slice diagonally and serve immediately.
I have a special love for Amul butter (not sponsored). It reminds me of my childhood, when that was the only butter available and that was what was slathered in every sandwich that was ever made either at home or outside. We weren’t spoilt for choices and life was far more simple than it is today. But you can most certainly use any salted butter you have in hand.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.