This recipe came out of necessity. I had a pack of brie sitting in my fridge feeling very neglected for the last week or so. Originally I thought I wanted to bake the whole thing until the husband decided to help himself to a bit of it thereby ruining the whole aesthetics of a baked brie! Thus formed the need for using up the brie chopped so it did not effect the aesthetics- the dilemma of a food obsessed blogger! This simple pasta dish is a one pot meal ready within minutes. Have it for lunch or dinner or for when you are entertaining next. Double or triple the recipe as needed @sarchakra
PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 4
- Pasta 1 lb
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Asparagus ½ a bunch
- Brie 1 cup, cut into cubes
- Shrimp 30
- Salt to taste
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Parsley 3 tbsp
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Prepare asparagus. Discard the hard ends and chop them up.
- Heat olive oil. Sauté asparagus. Add shrimp. Cook till pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta. Put in chopped Brie, garlic powder, parsley and the pasta water. Cook on medium heat till the cheese melts. Turn the heat off.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add to the cooked pasta.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!