This is a perfect fusion recipe bringing together pizza and paneer with tandoori spices. Tandoori masala is a mix of a ton of different spices like cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, mace, nutmeg, cloves, garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne, turmeric, ginger and fenugreek. I used a ready made tandoori spice mix for this recipe but I will post a recipe for a homemade tandoori masala soon on the blog. There is no need to cook the paneer prior to cooking the pizza. It cooks wonderfully while the pizza is cooking giving it that characteristic smokiness. For the recipe for the pizza crust check Ricotta and Feta Pizza @sarchakra
PREP TIME:10 mins plus overnight proofing
COOK TIME:15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2-3
- Paneer 2 cups, cut into small cubes
- Onion 1, cut into cubes
- Tomato 1, deseeded and chopped
- Green bell pepper ½, deseeded and chopped
- Ginger 2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Rajah Tandoori masala powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Paprika powder 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) 2 tsp, crushed
- Sour cream 2 tbsp
- Mozzarella ½ cup, grated
- Heat oven for 475°F.
- In a pan mix together sour cream, coriander powder, cumin seeds, salt, turmeric, ginger paste, garlic paste, crushed kasuri methi, paprika, red chili powder and tandoori masala powder.
- Rub sour cream mixture on paneer cubes and onions. Leave it for 20 mins.
- With a fork prick the pizza crust all over. Roll the edges of the crust. Spread out the marinated paneer and onions. Top with tomatoes and green bell peppers. Sprinkle grated mozzarella.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 mins till the crust is golden.