I sincerely believe that the best food is uncomplicated simple food: not too many ingredients, not too much fuss and one that does not take up too much time either. This simple stress free pizza is one of those dishes. The pizza dough is prepared the day before and is left proofing in the fridge for 24 hours. What you get is a beautiful, spongy, fluffy, delicious pizza complimented with minimal toppings @sarchakra
PREP TIME:10 mins plus overnight proofing
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2-3
Pizza crust ( makes 2 pizzas)
- Bread flour 3 ¾ cups
- Active dry yeast 1 packet
- Warm water 1 ½ cups
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Empty the sachet of dry yeast into the warm water. Let it stand for 5 mins. Add in flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Using a mixer to make a smooth dough.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and leave overnight in the fridge.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough till flat. Divide dough in half. In oiled bowls leave both doughs covered with a cling film for about half an hour to rise again. For this recipe we will need one dough. Reserve the other dough for another day in the fridge or make two pizzas with different flavors.
- Take one dough and stretch it out on a floured surface. Fold the edges of the crust all round. Transfer crust to a greased tray. With a fork prick all over the base of the pizza. Now it is time for the toppings.
- Ricotta 1 cup
- Feta cheese ½ cup, crumbled
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Basil 3 tbsp, chopped
- Heat oven to 475°F.
- Spread out the ricotta cheese on the pizza crust. Top with crumbled feta. Sprinkle basil generously.
- Cook pizza in the oven for 15 mins till the crust golden. Rotate the pan halfway. Serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil.