This is a quick recipe using store bought paneer. I do not always make paneer from scratch every time I want to cook with it because I cook paneer a lot and that’s ok! No judgment here 🙂 Of course if you have the time and a lot of whole milk ready, you can always make the paneer from scratch too. For that check Malai Kofta . Sometimes though when you are in a rush, store bought paneer can be made into a delicious starter or meal simply by using some pantry items. Make it as spicy or as mild as you want @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins plus marination time
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Paneer 2 cups, cut into large cubes
- Red onions 1, cut into large pieces
- Greek yogurt 4 tbsp
- Mustard oil 3 tbsp, divided
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Turmeric 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- Coriander leaf 2 tbsp
- Carom seeds 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Take Greek yogurt in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, paprika, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger paste, garlic pasta, 1 tbsp mustard oil, lemon juice, carom seeds and chopped coriander. Mix.
- Marinate paneer and red onions in yogurt mixture. Leave aside for at least an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp mustard oil in a nonstick pan.
- Sauté marinated paneer and onion on a medium flame along with the marinated mixture turning halfway till both sides are cooked.
- Let the paneer pieces cook till slightly charr. This should take about 8-10 minutes. Serve with rice or a salad.