Dadpe Poha, a popular breakfast or evening staple in Maharashtrian household, is proof that simple recipes can be equally delicious as multistep recipes with a ton of ingredients. Served with some freshly brewed adrak wali chai (ginger tea) this is a healthy flattened rice salad with a punch of flavor from the tempered spices. The poha is mixed with the vegetables with spices that give a delicate balance of sweet and salt. It is left to soak while it naturally draws the moisture from the vegetables. This recipe uses very little oil and fresh ingredients are used which makes it a healthy way to start your day, which is exactly what we did a couple of days ago @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 12 mins
COOK TIME: 2 mins
YIELDS: Serves 2
- Flattened rice (Poha or Aval) 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Tomato 1
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Asafetida a pinch
- Curry leaves a few, plus for garnish
- Raw peanuts ½ cup
- Green chilies 2
- Grated coconut ¼ cup
- Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaf 2 tbsp, chopped for garnish
- Dry roast poha in the pan for 2 to 3 mins on medium heat. Rinse the poha on a strainer. Keep aside.
- Keep a little bit of tomato, coconut, onion and chilies aside for garnish.
- In a bowl add the rest of the chopped onion, green chilies, grated coconut, sugar, salt and lime juice.
- Add the rinsed poha to it. Mix everything and keep aside for 8-10 mins.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry the peanuts on a medium flame. Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil temper the oil with mustard seeds, asafetida, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
- Pour tadka on the soaked poha. Mix gently.
- Garnish with fried peanuts, grated ginger, the reserved chopped tomatoes, onion, chilies, grated coconut and coriander leaf.
- Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
crispy poha chaat!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people