Sweet, sour, salty and slightly spicy is how I would describe this dish. It is a super quick and easy recipe- just the way I like it! This would be perfect for a weeknight dinner or a quick lunch too. Make a batch of it and it can be dinner for the weekend too. Serve it on a bed of jasmine rice and you’ve got a great meal ready in no time @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 25 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Boneless Chicken 1 lb (cut into cubes)
- Soy sauce 4 tbsp
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar 2 tbsp
- Dry ginger 2 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Green onions for garnish
- Cornstarch 1 tsp
- Marinate boneless chicken cubes with salt, pepper, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic paste for 20 mins.
- Heat oil till smoking. Stir fry marinated chicken on high heat. Let the sugar caramelize and form a layer on the chicken. Cook till chicken on done and both sides have a beautiful crust.
- Mix cornstarch in 2 tbsp of water. Pour into the chicken and let the sauce thicken and come together. Turn the heat off.
- In a small pan dry roast sesame seeds for a couple of minutes till slightly golden. Take care not to burn it.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken. Serve with a garnish of sliced green onions.
If your chicken slices are bigger, add a little water to make sure the marinade does not burn while cooking the chicken.
This recipe goes best with some jasmine rice.