Instant anything sounds good, right? This is one of those recipes when you have little time but still want to do a fancy-ish pizza. No prior prep is needed and the crust is to die for. It is healthy too because you are using Greek yogurt that will do the job of leavening @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 13 mins
YIELDS: Makes 1 pizza
- All purpose flour 1 cup
- Greek yogurt 1 cup
- Olive oil
- Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
- Onion flakes 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Dried basil 2 tsp
- Dried parsley 1 tsp
- Dehydrated sun dried tomatoes 1 tsp
- Sea salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Monterey Jack cheese ¼ cup finely shredded
- Cheddar cheese ¼ cup finely shredded
- Queso Quesadilla cheese ¼ cup finely shredded
- Asadero cheese 1/4 cup finely shredded
- Red onions 1, small, thinly sliced
- Pizza sauce 5 tbsp
- Belgioioso Fresh Mozzarella Pearl Cheese 3 oz
- Parmesan grated for garnish
- Basil torn for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 475°
- In a bowl put in all purpose flour and baking powder. Add onion flakes, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Add Greek yogurt to the mixture and mix using a flexible spatula till everything is blended.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead further adding in extra flour if needed.
- Spread dough out pinching and pressing with your fingers to form a circle.
- Grease a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Put pizza sauce on the dough. Top with cheese, onion slices, mozzarella balls. Tuck in the sides of the dough gently all the way round.
- Bake the pizza on the bottom rack of the oven for 13 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, grated Parmesan and freshly torn basil.
For convenience sake Sam’s Club sells a Mexican Cheese blend that already has the above four cheeses shredded. Of course any hard or semi hard cheese can be used instead.