A few pantry ingredients are all you need to make this delicious spinach dish. It is a super quick recipe so make sure you have everything in hand before beginning. Serve this dish with roti or rice @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Spinach 9 oz
- Onion 1, small, chopped
- Ginger 2 tsp, grated
- Garlic 2 tsp, grated
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) 1 tsp
- Tomato 1, small
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Sauté spinach till it wilts and starts to release water. Keep aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan. Sauté onions till translucent. Add ginger and garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and tomato. Add a little bit of water do that the spices do not burn. Let the tomato cook down a bit and become mushy.
- Add the sautéd spinach. Season with salt. Turn the heat up. Sauté on high heat.
- Slightly crush the kasuri methi on the palm of your hands. Add to the spinach. Turn the heat off
- Add the dollop of butter. Let it melt into the spinach. Mix and serve with some rice.