Stir Fry Pad Thai Noodles with Chayote is a quick recipe that can be rustled up literally within minutes. This recipe was an excuse to use up the chayote I bought the other day and I must say, although this was the first time I had chayote in a stir fry, it actually works! I’ll be definitely making it again. The peanut butter makes the stir fry creamy and tones down the spiciness of the dish as I used both chili flakes and sriracha. Feel free to make it less spicier if that is what you prefer @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Noodles 8 oz
- Onion 1 large, sliced
- Garlic 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Sesame oil 3 tbsp
- Chayote 1, sliced
- Peanut butter 2 tbsp
- Coconut sugar 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 4 tbsp
- Lime juice 3 tbsp
- Sriracha 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes 2 tsp plus for garnish
- Chives a handful, chopped
- Roasted peanuts 4 tbsp
- Cook the noodles according to box directions. Stir in 1 tsp of sesame oil into the noodles.
- Crush the peanuts gently. Toast the roasted peanuts for a couple of minutes in a non stick pan till slightly charred. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Sauté the chayote on high heat for a couple of minutes till just cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat a wok. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Put in chopped garlic and sliced onions. Sauté till aromatic and the onions are a bit tender.
- Add noodles. Add in peanut butter, coconut sugar, lime juice, sriracha, red chili flakes and soy sauce. Stir to combine everything together.
- Add in chopped chives, toasted peanuts, the rest of the sesame oil, some more red chili flakes and sautéed chayote. Stir and serve.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!