Remember the Salsa Verde on the last post? One of the best ways of serving that would be with these fish tacos. Any white fish filet can be used for this recipe. I love to marinate my fish overnight in the fridge with lime juice and salt so that the fish is juicy and moist on the inside and crunchy with the thin batter we will put on the outside but if you are rushed for time you can just marinate it for 20 mins or so. So lets start cooking! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins plus marination
COOK TIME: 30 mins
- Fish Fry (see below)
- Mission Street tacos (small white corn tortillas) 10
- Salsa Verde ½ cup
- Purple onion ¼, chopped
- Artisan lettuce 1 cup, chopped
- White fish 16 oz
- Flour 1 cup
- Soda bicarbonate 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Corn starch 2 tbsp
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp, crushed
- Dried thyme 1 tsp, crushed
- Eggs 2, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Pat dry fish off any excess water. Cut into rectangular sizes.
- OPTIONAL IF YOU HAVE THE TIME: Marinate fish with salt and lime juice overnight in the fridge or for 20 mins at least.
- In a bowl combine together- flour, soda bicarbonate, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cornstarch, black paper, paprika, dried oregano and dried thyme. In a small bowl beat an egg.
- Dip each fish filet in egg and coat with the flour mixture. Repeat for the rest.
- Heat oil. Keep oil to medium heat. Fry 4-5 pieces at a time. Drain on kitchen towels.
- Toast tortillas till slightly charred.
- Put in chopped lettuce, onion, fried fish and salsa verde.
- Serve with extra salsa verde.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!