This Salsa Verde is packed with flavor. It is so easy to do you will want to make it over and over again. It beats store bought salsa any day and is good with tacos, both vegetarian and fish ones, as a dressing on fried fish, in wraps etc. -you get the idea. Try it and let me know if you like it as much as I do @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Tomatillos 7-8
- Poblano pepper 1, large
- Garlic 2 cloves, chopped
- Purple onion ¼ cup, chopped
- Parsley ½ cup, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cumin 1 tsp, crushed
- Juice of ¼ lime
- Remove the husks of the tomatillos. Rinse and pat dry. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place tomatillos and poblano pepper on the baking tray.
- Turn oven to 425°F.
- Roast for 15-20 mins till the tomatillos and peppers become slightly charred. Cool.
- In the food processor put in roasted tomatillos and poblano pepper. Add garlic, onion, parsley, salt and crushed cumin.
- Squeeze in lime juice. Put in chopped parsley. Blend.
- Pour in a serving bowl or store in the fridge for later use.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!