Another recipe in the series of semi homemade food that tastes like you’ve labored for hours is this Spaghetti in Vodka Sauce. The store bought vodka sauce has tomato puree, diced tomatoes, vodka, garlic, Parmesan and Romano cheese. Adding fresh herbs and freshly grated Parmesan to this sauce only wakes up the flavors and brings out the taste of the sauce even better. If you feel like it, you can add some extra vodka too @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELDS: Serves 4
- Spaghetti 8 oz
- Chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- Vodka sauce 24 oz
- Butter ½ stick
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Parsley ¼ cup, freshly chopped
- Parmesan ½ cup, freshly grated plus for garnish
- Sea salt
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan. Add the olive oil. Add the chicken. Sauté on high heat for a couple of minutes. Remove the chicken. Let it rest for 5 mins. Cut the chicken into thin slices. Keep aside.
- Pour the vodka sauce into the pan. Add 2 cups of water. Add the spaghetti. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the butter. Let the spaghetti cook according to box directions. In the last couple of minutes of cooking, add the chopped chicken to the pan.
- Add the chopped parsley and sprinkle grated Parmesan. Stir.
- Serve immediately with some more parmesan.
Replace the chicken with vegetables, salmon or any white fish sautéd in butter.
This dish freezes really well.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.