I cannot believe where the time went. September was a crazy busy month with a lot of traveling and time just slipped off from my hands. Coming back to the kitchen, an easy peasy recipe has to be this shrimp dinner. It is a quick recipe and is so good, both for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. My son especially loves shrimp in any shape or form and the most convenient thing about using shrimp as an ingredient, is how quickly it cooks. This dish is ready within just a few minutes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 6
- Shrimp 30-40
- Black pepper 3 tsp
- Smoked paprika 1 tbsp
- Potato starch 1 cup
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Fermented black beans 2 tbsp
- Garlic 2 tbsp, minced
- Green onions for garnish
- Basil freshly chopped for garnish
- Soak the fermented black beans in ½ cup of hot water.
- In a large bowl add the potato starch, salt, black pepper and smoked paprika. Mix.
- Add the shrimp to the starch mixture and coat completely.
- Heat oil. Shake out the excess potato starch and gently lower the shrimp into the oil. Fry in batches without overcrowding the pan. Cook both sides. Drain and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add chopped garlic. Fry for a few seconds till golden.
- Add the fermented black bean paste mixture. Let it come to a boil.
- Put the shrimp back into the pan. Toss.
- Garnish with green onions and freshly chopped basil. Serve with jasmine rice.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.