These Saunf (fennel seeds) Cookies are great with a cup of tea or just because you have the late night munchies. Similar to the Greek ‘kourabiedes’ these vegan cookies melt in your mouth @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
YIELDS. Makes 15
- All purpose flour 2 cups
- Packed brown sugar ⅔ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp, crushed
- Almond milk 4 tbsp
- Olive oil ½ cup
- Lemon zest 1 tsp, grated
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Lemon extract 1 tsp
- Confectioners sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Crush the fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle to release the flavor.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, fennel seeds, salt and sugar. Mix.
- Add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla extract and almond milk. Knead to a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough on the kitchen worktop. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a baking tray 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 mins.
- While the cookies are still warm, roll them in the confectioners sugar.
- Cool on a baking rack. Store in an airtight container.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!