A Buddha bowl with crispy tofu, cauliflower steaks, sweet potatoes and a ton of vegetables on a bed of basmati rice is not only healthy, it is equally delicious. Part of this recipe is made with the Ninja Foodie. I’ve added a couple of links to the recipes. The cauliflower steaks can most definitely be cooked in the air fryer too. This recipe does require some prep and time compared to most of my other recipes but once you get started it is not that hard honestly, you gotta trust me. It is so delicious, you’d want to make it again and again. This is a great way to eat more veggies and incorporate healthy eating habits into your daily life. Serve this Buddha Bowl with the 4 ingredient dressing or eat as is @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
SERVES: Serves 4
- Basmati rice (see below)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes (see Roasted Sweet Potatoes)
- Cauliflower steaks (see below)
- Crispy Tofu (see Crispy Tofu )
- Red onion ½, thinly sliced
- Celery ½, cut into strips
- Baby carrots a few, cut into strips
- Yellow pepper ½, cut into sticks
- Green pepper ½, cut into strips
- Oregano for garnish
- Poblano chili 1, cut into rings, for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Rinse basmati rice a few times till the water runs clear. Add rice and 1 cup of water into the Ninja Foodi.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on. Turn the steam valve to SEAL. Turn PRESSURE on HIGH. Set TIME to 2 minutes.
- After 2 mins release the pressure naturally for 10 mins. Then quickly release, let the rice cook, fluff and it is ready to serve.
- Cauliflower ½,
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Cumin powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Cut cauliflower into thick steaks. In a bowl mix olive oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin, coriander and paprika.
- Rub mixture onto the cauliflower. In the cast iron pan place the cauliflower steaks.
- Cook till done.
- Crunchy peanut butter 2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Chili garlic sauce 3 tbsp
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Warm water 4 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients till smooth.
- Put basmati rice on a serving bowl.
- Arrange sliced carrots, celery, carrots, green pepper, yellow pepper, onion, roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower steaks, crispy tofu and poblano chili slices.
- Serve with the dressing, a fresh sprig of oregano and a lime wedge.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!