This vegan, gluten free, paleo appetizer is absolutely lip smacking delicious. Dip into this with crackers, pita chips, use as a sandwich filling with roasted vegetables or serve in a crudités platter which is a fancy French name for crunchy raw vegetables cut into sticks @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins plus resting
COOK TIME: 5 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Cannellini beans 15 oz (drained)
- Tahini 1 tbsp
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Red pepper 1
- Sea salt to taste
- Onion flakes 2 tsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Garlic 2 cloves, cut into pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Roast red pepper directly on the fire till the skin is charred on all sides. Put pepper in a bowl and cover with a cling wrap. Keep aside for 20 mins. Peel the skin off and cut pepper into thin strips.
- Discard water from the cannellini beans and rinse the beans. In a food add cannellini beans, most of the roasted red pepper, onion flakes, garlic, sea salt, tahini, olive oil, black pepper, lemon juice. Blitz to a paste.
- Pour hummus in a serving bowl. Top with the remaining strips of roasted red pepper slices. Serve with pita bread.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.