This is a super quick recipe especially for kids but also for adults who do not like spicy food. To make it spicy, you can add red chili powder and/or some freshly chopped green chilies. Shrimp cooks very quickly and therefore this dish is ready within minutes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 3
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Shrimp (cleaned and deveined) 8 oz
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf 1 (broken into bits)
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomato 1 large (chopped)
- Frozen peas 1 cup
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Coat shrimp with salt and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the shrimp till it is pink. This should take not more than a minute or so. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- In the remaining oil, add bay leaf along with ginger and garlic paste. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add turmeric and chopped tomato. Cook on medium heat till the oil floats. Add salt, sugar and peas.
- Add 1 cup of warm water and let the mixture come to a boil. Add shrimp.
- Cook in low heat for 4-5 minutes till desired consistency. Turn the heat off. Add ghee. Serve hot.