This is a simple pasta recipe that comes together quickly and can feed a crowd. It is healthy and can be eaten hot or cold. Double the recipe if cooking for more people. @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10mins
COOK TIME: 20mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 3-4
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 21/2 tbsp olive oil
- 11/2 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 3 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 packet fettuccine
- In a large pan heat water. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt to flavor the water. Cook the fettuccine el dente according to box directions. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of pasta water. While that is cooking, make the spinach.
- Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add onion, 1 tbsp garlic, ½ tbsp black pepper and salt. Cook till the onion caramelizes. Then add the spinach. Stir to combine till spinach softens. Turn the gas off. Keep aside.
- Use a peeler to cut the courgettes into thin strips. Stir the courgette strips for a couple of seconds in the hot pan after taking out the spinach. Quickly remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the pan. Add in 2 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp black pepper, salt, and cook a couple of seconds, before adding in the strained pasta. Add the reserved pasta water. Stir to combine everything.
- Pour pasta on a plate. Top with sautéed spinach, stir fried courgette, and grated Parmesan.