Jalapeño Poppers are a perfect appetizer to serve especially during the festive season or when you have guests around or simply because you feel like it. They are surprisingly easy to make. You can either bake or air fry them and they are good either way @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 12 mins
COOK TIME: 25 mins
- Jalapeños 6
- Cheddar cheese ½ cup, shredded
- Cream cheese 8 oz (room temperature)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Cayenne pepper 2 tsp, divided
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro 2 tsp, chopped
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs ½ cup
- Lime zest 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Use kitchen gloves to prepare the jalapeño. Cut the peppers in half. Remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, lime zest, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeño half.
- Heat olive oil. Add panko. Toast the Panko for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the Panko mixture over each jalapeño half.
- Place the peppers on the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 mins till the cheese has melted and the panko is golden brown.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cayenne pepper and cilantro. Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!