This is a simple pasta dish with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and Parmesan. Especially popular in southern Italy and Sicily, this dish is so light and delicious, I promise you, you’ll go back for more. The pasta water creates a light and creamy sauce and the Parmesan does the rest! Food simply couldn’t get easier than this @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 14 mins
- Spaghetti 16 oz
- Salt to taste
- White pepper 2 tsp
- Lemon zest 4 tsp
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Parmesan 6 oz, freshly grated, reserve some for garnish
- Basil a small handful, freshly torn plus for garnish
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- To the hot spaghetti add the olive oil. Add the pasta water. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and grated Parmesan. Keep tossing till the spaghetti is smooth and creamy.
- Add the basil. Toss the basil into the spaghetti. Mix gently. Garnish with more basil and parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Use spaghetti or linguine for this recipe.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!