Who doesn’t like a 6 min side dish? Blistered Shishito Peppers is just that. It’s ready within 5-6 mins from start to finish. I made this dish first a year ago and while I wrote the draft of the recipe, it never made its way to the blog. So here it is now. I love sweet soy sauce. That with the toasted sesame, ginger and lime juice, adds a subtle but still distinct flavor to the peppers. Serve this vegan, vegetarian dish as a side dish or an appetizer. Let me know if you try it! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 min
COOK TIME: 4 mins
- Shishito peppers 1 dry pint
- Avocado oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Sweet soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil 2 tsp
- Ground ginger 1 tap
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Rinse and clean the Shishito peppers. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a bowl add sweet soy sauce, ground ginger, toasted sesame oil and lime juice. Mix. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Add the Shishito peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the peppers start to char and turn aromatic. Turn the heat off.
- Pour the sauce on the peppers and give it a good stir to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
When cooking the shishito peppers, cook on medium high heat for that perfect blister. If the heat is too high, they can burn.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.