This Halwa is rich, luxurious and regal. The good news- it is also ready in about 20 mins. It’s a short cut recipe using almond flour instead of soaking, skinning and blending the almonds. Any good quality almond flour can be used. I used the same brand I use to make macarons. The only hassle if it can be called that, is you cannot leave this on the stove top and relax. From start to finish it requires constant attention. It’s a small price to pay really. Once you dig into the finished product you’ll know what I’m saying @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
- Almond flour 1 cup
- Milk (lukewarm) 1 ½ cups
- Sugar ⅔ cup
- Saffron a few strands soaked in warm milk
- Ghee 7 tbsp
- Green Cardamom 1 tsp
- Pistachios for garnish
- Rose petals for garnish
- Heat ½ cup of milk in the microwave for 20 seconds. Soak the saffron stands in it. Leave aside tor 10 mins.
- In a non stick pan put in 6 tbsp of ghee. Let it melt. Add the almond flour. Keep the heat to low. Cook the mixture for 3-4 mins.
- Add the saffron milk and the rest of the milk needed for the recipe. Keep mixing till smooth without any lumps. Stir continuously to ensure nothing sticks. Cook this for about 7-8 mins.
- Add sugar and green cardamom powder. Set the timer for 12 mins or so. At the end of 10 mins when the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan, add the last tbsp of ghee. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Let the mixture turn glossy and start to ooze ghee from the sides of the pan. Turn the heat off.
- Garnish Badam Halwa with crushed rose petals and chopped pistachios.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!