Mini Cherry Pies is a crowd pleaser especially when you do not want to labor for hours in the kitchen but still want to serve a cute dessert! As usual, I have used a ready made store bought pie crust as well as cherry pie filling but you can also make your own. Swap the cherry pie filling for any jam, preserve, sweet or savory of your choice. I promise I will one day, make the crust and the filling from scratch. In the meantime, you can still enjoy this semi homemade dish @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Makes 7
- Pie Crust 1 (defrosted)
- Cherry Pie Filling ½ cup
- Egg 1
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the egg with 2 tsp of water. Keep aside.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the pie crust.
- We will have 2 sizes of circles for this recipe. Use both cutters to cut 7 circles of each.
- Slice the larger circles with a knife into thin strips.
- Place the smaller circles on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop 1 tsp of cherry pie mixture onto the middle of each small circle.
- Place the strips of pie dough criss cross, going vertically and horizontally in a lattice pattern.
- Press the edges with a fork to seal. Discard any extra crust around the circles. Use the cutters to neaten the circle shapes.
- Brush egg mixture on the mini pies.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 15-16 minutes till golden brown.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!