These mini pies have a filling of a cranberry orange preserve I made during Christmas but any jam or preserve can be used instead. It is perfect and just in time for Valentines Day. I used store bought pie crust to make this dish in super quick time but you can make your own pie crust. If making the pie crust at home, make it the day before and refrigerate so you could still make this dish quickly @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
YIELDS: Makes 6
- Pie crust 1
- Homemade Cranberry Orange Preserve 6 tsp
- Cream cheese 6 tsp
- Sugar 6 tsp
- Egg white 1
- Water 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the dough. Use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes.
- Put 1 tsp of the cranberry orange preserve in the middle of the shape.
- Put 1 tsp of cream cheese on the preserve.
- Top the heart shaped pie crust with another crust.
- Use a fork press to seal the edges together.
- In a small bowl mix egg white and 2 tsp of water. Brush the egg white wash over each pie.
- Sprinkle each pie with 1 tsp of sugar.
- Place the pies on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.