Ham and Pineapple Pizza is a great recipe to make for the kids especially. It is easy, colorful and delicious. I used a fresh juicy pineapple but you can most definitely use canned pineapples too. Make the pizza dough the night before for the dough to rise beautifully @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins plus resting
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Pizza dough (see below)
- Olive oil as needed
- Marinara sauce ¼ cup
- Ham 5 slices cut into small chunks
- Pineapple 2 cups, cut into small chunks
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup, grated
- Parmesan ½ cup grated
Pizza Dough (makes 2 pizzas)
- Warm water ¾ cup
- Rapid yeast 2 ¼ tsp
- Sea salt ¼ tsp
- Whole wheat flour ½ cup
- All purpose flour 1 ½ cups
- Olive oil 3-4 tbs
- Pour ½ cup of warm water in the mixing bowl. Stir in rapid yeast. Mix. Let it sit for 15 mins till it dissolves.
- Add sea salt. Add whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.
- Pour in 3 tbsp olive oil. Mix the dough.
- Add additional ¼ cup of warm water as needed to make the dough smooth.
- Season a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread the olive oil on the dough and cover with a cling wrap. Let it rise for 6-8 hours.
- Divide dough into 2. We will use one dough for his recipe. Refrigerate the other one wrapped in a cling wrap.
Ham and Pineapple Pizza
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spread the dough with your fingers or a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a little bit of olive oil to spread it thin. Pierce the crust with a sharp knife all over so the dough doesn’t ballon up when you’re cooking the pizza.
- Spread marinara sauce all over the crust. Top with half of the mozzarella.
- Put ham and pineapple chunks all over the crust.
- Put in rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Cook pizza in the oven for 15 minutes till the cheese melts.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!