Béchamel Sauce (White Sauce) form the basis of French cuisine. The creamy silkiness of the dish comes from the roux and the key to a good roux is an equal amount of butter and flour and making sure you mix it really well. A bit of elbow work is needed when the milk goes in. Constantly stirring ensures a smooth and creamy sauce. A pinch of grated nutmeg gives it a subtle flavor and the mozzarella and parmesan is all you need to finish this dish @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 4-5
- Pasta 1 package
- Mozzarella 1 cup, grated
- Parmesan ½ cup, grated
- Milk 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Garlic 1 clove, grated
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Nutmeg 1 tsp, grated
- Cook linguini according to box directions. Drain and reserve the pasta.
- In a pan put in the butter. Let it begin to melt. Add the flour. Mix throughly so it forms into a smooth paste.
- Add the milk little by little constantly stirring to make sure no lumps remain. The end result should be smooth and creamy.
- Mix in grated garlic. Season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Put cooked linguini in. Add in mozzarella and grated Parmesan.
- Mix into the pasta and serve with a bit more of grated nutmeg.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.