Shrimp with Feta Cheese is a traditional Greek recipe that is quick and easy as well as delicious- the perfect combination of seafood and cheese to rustle up in minutes. It tastes so good that it feels like a lot of effort has gone into making the dish. Quite the contrary! Its a one-pot-throw-everything-in recipe. Shrimp is cooked in a cast iron pan which makes the cooking really quick and then blasted under the broil mode for a couple of minutes till the feta cheese melts into the sauce and the heat begins to char the shrimp. The mint and oregano gives that oomph that brings out more flavor. Serve this dish with rice, pasta, orzo, crusty Italian bread or potatoes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 5
- Shrimp large 25-30
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Tomato sauce 1 can (28 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves 3, cut into thin slices
- Onion powder 2 tsp
- Dried mint 2 tsp, divided
- Dried oregano 2 tsp, divided
- Feta cheese crumbled ½ cup
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan. Sauté shrimp on high heat for a minute.
- Add in garlic cloves. Let it start to cook.
- Add tomato sauce and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add oregano and mint. Simmer the mixture for a few minutes.
- Put in feta cheese and onion powder.
- Turn the oven to BROIL mode. Put the pan under the grill for 2 mins or so till the cheese bubbles and the shrimp starts to char slightly.
- Garnish with some more dried mint, dried oregano and fresh mint.
- Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!