One pot meals are especially convenient for weekdays but why not weekends too? Everything is done in the cast iron pan so it’s easy peasy cleanup and everyone is happy. The entire recipe is done within 10 mins so gather everything before you start. My son loves shrimp so I went heavy on the proportion of rice to shrimp. Fell free to use as many as you are personally comfortable with @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 mins plus marination
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Large shrimp 19-20
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cooked rice 1 ½ cups
- Mixed vegetables (frozen) 1 ½ cups
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Paprika 2 tsp
- Tomato 1, puréed
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaf 1 tbsp, chopped for garnish
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric on shrimp. If you have the time marinate it for an hour or at least for 10 mins.
- Heat rice in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Heat oil. Sauté shrimp on high heat till pink on both sides.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Stir for a few seconds till the raw smell goes.
- Put in turmeric, paprika and coriander powder. Sauté on high heat.
- Add in one puréed tomato followed by rice and mixed vegetables. Add salt to season. Mix everything till the vegetables are slightly cooked but still remain crunchy. Turn the heat off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.