I cannot even begin to tell you how lip smacking delicious this dish is. You can very easily overeat so apologies for that! It is best eaten as soon as you are ready to eat as it may get a bit soft if you leave it for too long. However that does not diminish its taste at all @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME:15 mins
YIELDS: Serves 3
- Nasoya Organic Tofu Extra Firm 14 oz
- Potato starch 1 cup
- Oil for pan frying plus 1 tbsp
- Black bean paste 1 tbsp
- Sriracha sauce 1 tbsp
- Black pepper coarsely cracked 2 tsp
- Garlic 5-6 cloves, finely chopped
- Spring onions chopped for garnish
- Basil a few leaves for garnish
- Roasted peanuts for garnish, crushed
- Squeeze out all the water from the tofu. Cut tofu into rectangular slices.
- Season potato starch with salt and coarse black pepper. Roll tofu slices in seasoned potato starch.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Fry tofu in the oil till crispy on one side. Turn the other side and repeat the same. Keep aside.
- Drain out all the oil expect 1 tbsp.
- Sauté chopped garlic. Add black bean paste mixed with a little bit of water. Add in sriracha sauce.
- Add in the sautéd tofu. Give a quick stir and turn the heat off.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and basil. Top with crushed roasted peanuts.