This is a simple but delicious side dish to serve with noodles or pasta. It literally gets ready in minutes. There is not much to do in terms of meal prep at all. The cauliflower and broccoli comes in a bag already washed, trimmed and ready to eat. The key to this dish is not to overcook it. There should still be a crunch to the broccoli. However since both the cauliflower and the broccoli is cut the same size, the broccoli will cook way faster than the cauliflower. So I take out the cauliflower pieces and put them in the microwave with a little bit of water and steam it for a couple of minutes before adding it to the pan with the broccoli. Another option would be to cut the cauliflower smaller than the broccoli but then the dish doesn’t look as pretty @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 10 mins
PREP TIME: 0 mins
- Good n Gather broccoli and cauliflower 12 oz (340 g)
- Garlic flakes 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes 2 tsp
- Feta cheese 2 tbsp, crumbled
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- In a microwaveable bowl add the cauliflower pieces with a little bit of water. Cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Drain and discard the water.
- Heat olive oil. Put in the slightly steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
- Sauté for a few minutes till it starts to caramelize.
- Add salt, garlic flakes and red pepper flakes. Turn the heat off.
- Serve garnished with crumbled feta and a squeeze of lemon.
- I serve this with noodles.