A baguette or French stick is a long thin French loaf of bread with a crispy crust and chewy inside. Baguettes get dry very fast if left out in the air. To get it back to its original freshness bake it in the oven at 325º for 5 minutes. Baguettes can be eaten with slices of cheese, meat or fish like tuna and/or vegetables. This baguette is cut into half, toasted in the oven and topped with arugula and ricotta pesto. The crunchiness of the baguette especially toasted balances beautifully with the creaminess of the ricotta. The arugula gives it that classic peppery flavor. Did you know that arugula is high in nutrients and low in calories? Three cups of arugula has just 20 calories and Vitamins A, C and K as well as folate, magnesium, calcium and manganese @sarchakra
COOK TIME: 15 mins
PREP TIME: 10 mins
For the Pesto
- Arugula 1 cup
- Basil ¼ cup
- Parmesan ¼ cup
- Olive oil ¼ cup
- Black pepper 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Ricotta cheese ¼ cup
- Pine nuts ¼ cup
- In a food processor purée arugula, basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add olive oil till the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add ricotta cheese. Keep aside.
For the toppings
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 clove, finely chopped
- Parmesan grated
- Ricotta Arugula Pesto 4 tbsp
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Cut baguette into half. Place on a baking tray. Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil and chopped garlic.
- Cook in the oven for 10 mins till slightly golden.
- Top each toasted baguette slices with ricotta arugula pesto. Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan.