I love this recipe. It is a super simplified version of a traditionally long winded dish but still tastes amazing. You can boil milk and spend an hour thickening it (and nothing wrong if you decide to do that) but I do not have a lot of patience when it comes to desserts so this is an easy peasy short cut of a recipe using condensed milk. The addition of pistachios and almonds gives that added crunchiness and the rose petals not only look amazing in terms of presentation, they also taste delicious. I’ve used brioche because I personally like it but any white or milk bread will do. Brown bread will not work quite as well since it is a bit chewy and the whole point of this recipe is that melt-in-your-mouth taste @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 3
- Brioche bread slices 3 diagonally into triangular shapes
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Condensed milk 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom 1 tsp powder
- Rose water 1 tsp
- Roasted pistachios 3 tbsp crushed
- Crushed rose petals 2 tbsp
- Slivered almonds 1 tbsp
- Mix condensed milk with rose water and green cardamom powder.
- Heat oil and fry the bread pieces till golden, Drain on kitchen towel.
- Arrange fried bread on a serving plate. Drizzle with condensed milk mixture.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, crushed pistachios and rose petals.