This is another easy weeknight meal for when you’re in a rush. You can double and/or triple the portions for a dinner party entree. It tastes amazing and is surprisingly easy to put together. For feeding a crowd you can use rotisserie chicken too. Dinner will be done in literally minutes.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 2-3
- Cooked jasmine rice 1 cup
- Boneless chicken 1/2 cup cubed
- Pepper 1 tbsp
- Garlic 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Onion, 1 small, finely diced
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Fish sauce 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil 1 tablespoon
- Sambal olek 1 teaspoon
- Spring onions 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Heat ½ tsp sesame oil. Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes turning halfway until the chicken is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Add the other ½ tsp sesame oil in the pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- While that is cooking, heat the cooked rice in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the rice to the pan along with the garlic and onion. Add the cooked chicken.
- Mix in fresh black pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce, sambal olek. Check seasoning and adjust according to taste. Serve with chopped spring onions.