Lamb mince patties slightly spiced with potato fried in bacon fat is a great meal option for kids and/or adults alike @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
YIELD: Serves or Makes 2-3
- Lamb mince 200 grams
- Unsalted Butter 3 tbsp
- Onion 1 small finely chopped
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Potatoes 2 small cubed
- Bacon rasher or bacon fat 1
- Mix lamb mince with finely chopped onions. Put in the fridge for ½ hour. In the meantime make brown butter.
- In a pan heat butter in medium heat till it becomes dark in color and a nutty smell comes out. It shouldn’t burn black, just golden brown. Turn the gas off. Rest the butter till the impurities settle in the bottom. Strain that out. Brown butter is ready.
- When ready to cook lamb, take it out of the fridge. Add in salt, pepper and cumin powder. Shape kofte into desired shapes.
- Heat 2 tbsp brown butter and cook the kofte till browned on all sides.
- In a non stick pan heat bacon fat. Sauté cubed potatoes with salt and pepper till nicely browned. If you don’t have bacon fat, cook bacon rasher in a non stick pan till the fat renders. Use that to cook the potatoes.
- Serve lamb kofte with potatoes and mini Naan breads.