This is a delicious, hearty and wholesome meal with pantry items that is bound to please even the fussiest eater. There are five steps to this dish. Step 1 is cooking the pasta. Step 2 is making the lamb koftas while the pasta is cooking. Step 3 is making the herbed Panko crumbs. Step 4 is making the marinara sauce while the pasta is cooking as well. Step 5 is assembly. For the purpose of ease, the marinara sauce as well as the koftas can be done ahead of time. That way, its a very quick meal to put together. @sarchakra
- Spaghetti 1 packet
- Lamb mince 16 oz
- Finely chopped garlic 3 tbsp
- Egg beaten 1
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Panko bread crumbs 3/4 cup
- Crushed cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Crushed coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Cracked black pepper 2 tbsp
- Dried mint 1 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Dried basil 1 tbsp
- Dried parsley 1 tbsp
- Onion flakes 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Diced fire roasted tomatoes 2cans
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp
- Baby spinach 1/2 cut into ribbons
- Cook spaghetti/pasta according to box directions. While that is cooking, make the koftas.
- For Lamb Koftas: Mix together lamb mince, 2 tbsp garlic, 1 egg beaten, 1 tbsp turmeric, ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs, 1 tsp each of crushed cumin and coriander seeds,1 tbsp cracked black pepper and 1 tsp dried mint. Shape into balls. Heat aebleskiver pan. Brush with oil in each of the pan cups and put a ball of mince meat on it. Cook rotating halfway till done. It shouldn’t take very long at all so keep watch.
- For Herbed Panko: Melt butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. Combine ½ cup Panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp dried basil, 1 tbsp dried parsley, salt, 1 tbsp onion flakes, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp red pepper flakes and 1 tsp paprika. Mix into the melted butter.
- For Marinara Sauce: Heat olive oil. Stir in 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic. Let it cook for a few seconds till golden. Take care not to burn it. Add 2 tbsp tomato paste and fry for a min or so till aromatic. Add in 2 canned fire roasted tomatoes, salt, onion flakes, 1 tbsp pepper and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Add in lamb koftas into the marinara and simmer on low for 10 mins.
- Assembly: Mix in spaghetti with marinara sauce and meatballs. Top with panko mixture. Put in the oven at broil for 3 mins or so till the top is golden. Garnish with spinach ribbons.