This is a delicious chipotle flavored salmon filet fried rice served with chicken leg cooked on a cast iron pan. Pre cooked rice can be used. Double the quantity for more portions. Remember 1 cup uncooked rice will yield 3 cups of cooked rice. @sarchakra
- Skin-on bone-in chicken leg 1
- Salmon filet 6 oz
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper 2 tbsp
- Rice flour 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder 1 tbsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- McCormick Chipotle Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- McCormick Old Bay Seasoning 1 tsp
- Tilda basmati rice 1 cup
- Chopped spring onions for garnish 3 tbsp
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the salmon: Mix rice flour and cornstarch. Add paprika, salt, garlic powder, chipotle powder, honey with a little water into the flour mixture. Pat salmon dry and rub this mixture on the salmon. Keep aside for 10-15 mins
- If using raw rice, cook rice. Rinse rice till water runs clear. Heat 1 & ½ cups of water. Season with salt and pour rinsed rice into the water. Cook with a tight fitting lid covered for 13 mins. Let it sit for 5 minutes before opening the lid. If using leftover rice, omit the step.
- While the rice is cooking, pat the chicken dry and rub chicken leg with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a cast iron pan and put the chicken leg skin side down. Cook each side till golden brown and crispy for about 6-7 minutes. Roast in the oven till for 15 mins till juices run clear.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a cast iron pan and cook salmon till done, flipping once. Let the cast iron do its job. Don’t flip too soon. Rest salmon for a few mins before cutting it into pieces for the fried rice.
- In a non stick pan, add 1 tbsp oil and quickly add the salmon bits followed by bay seasoning and 1 tbsp black pepper. Add 1 cup cooked rice. Mix. Garnish with spring onions. Pour rice on a plate. Serve with chicken leg.