Brazilian Lemonade, also known as Limonada Suíça, is a delicious and refreshing drink that is perfect for a hot summer day. Also called Limeade, it is a refreshing and absolutely delicious traditional drink from Brazil. The name is a bit of a misnomer since the drink is not actually made with lemons. It is instead, made with limes. The recipe has been passed down through generations of Brazilian families and is now enjoyed throughout the country and around the world. It is a super easy drink to make and will surely impress your friends and family. This creamy, tangy drink is perfect for hot days and happy gatherings. Whether you are lounging by the pool or hosting a barbecue, Brazilian Lemonade is the perfect beverage to quench your thirst and cool you down. Give this recipe a try and taste the flavors of Brazil in your own home! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 0 mins
YIELDS: Serves 5
- Limes 4
- Ice cold water 4-5 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk ¾ cup
- Ice cubes to serve
- Wash the limes and cut them into small pieces.
- Add the limes into a blender along with the water. Blend until the lime peels are broken down.
- Strain the lime mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheese cloth to remove any pulp, solids and seeds.
- Return the strained mixture into the blender and add the sweetened condensed milk. Blend for a few seconds until the mixture is creamy, frothy and well combined.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the Brazilian Lemonade over the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For the best flavor, use fresh limes instead of bottled lime juice.
Add sugar to sweeten the drink and adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
To make this drink even creamier, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream before blending.
For a fun twist, add different fruits such as strawberries, mangoes, or passion fruit to the blender before blending.
Brazilian Lemonade is best served cold, so make sure to keep it chilled until you are ready to serve.
Add some fresh mint leaves to the drink for a refreshing twist. To make it a little more indulgent, you can add a splash of vodka or rum.
Brazilian Lemonade pairs particularly well with grilled meats or spicy dishes.
I like to make this fresh instead of preparing it earlier like you can with most drinks.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.