Pad See Ew in Thai means ‘fried soy sauce’. It is a much sweeter dish with just a hint of sourness. Traditionally it is made with thicker and flatter rice noodles but you can use any rice noodles. I’ve used Pad Thai noodles here which has the same texture @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Chicken, 1 cup, cooked, thinly sliced or 2 eggs
- Rice noodles 6 oz
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp, divided
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
- Garlic 3 tsp, minced
- Sweet dark soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Chili oil 2 tsp
- White pepper 2 tsp
- Rice vinegar 2 tsp
- Broccoli florets 1 cup
- Kale 1 cup
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Turn the heat off. Add the rice noodles. Soak for 10 mins. Drain the noodles on a colander. Toss the noodles with a tbsp of oil to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl combine sweet dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, white pepper and oyster sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic. Sauté for a few seconds. Add carrots and broccoli. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add chicken and kale. Push to the side and add the noodles. Toss well and separate the strands. Cook for a couple of minutes to get that caramelization.
- Drizzle on the soy sauce mixture. Toss well. Stir fry till everything is coated.
- Turn off the heat. Serve immediately.
Use either chicken or egg for this recipe depending on your preference.
If using raw chicken, sauté for a couple more minutes till cooked.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!