As simple as graham crackers look, they are the foundation of many desserts from cheesecakes to parfait and pies to tarts. They can replace the flour in many desserts and therefore there is no need to bake which makes for a super quick dessert. Pecan pie is a household favorite after living in Georgia for many years. These pecan truffles are great for portion control and like with most desserts you really don’t need a whole amount. These are also perfect for gifting friends, family or your perfect neighbor! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 2 hours 15 mins
COOK TIME: 4 mins
- Graham cracker crumbs ½ cup
- Unsalted butter 1 tbsp
- Pecans 1 ¼ cup
- Brown sugar ½ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Cinnamon ½ tsp
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Juice of one orange
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate 1 cup
- Coconut oil 1 tbsp
- Sea salt
- Pecan pieces for garnish
- Sea salt for garnish
- In a pan toast the pecans. Take care that they don’t burn. Cool before proceeding to the next step.
- In a food processor add the pecans and graham cracker crumbs. Pulse into a coarse crumb. Keep aside.
- In a small pan add brown sugar, salt, unsalted butter, orange juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. Stir on a low flame for 2 mins till the sugar melts. Turn the heat off. Cool.
- Mix the sugar mixture into the pulsed graham cracker and pecan crumbs.
- Take portions out of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for a couple of hours till firm.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted and smooth. Stir in between intervals. Do not microwave too long as the chocolate can seize.
- Dip the frozen balls into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with some chopped pecans and sea salt. Place it back on the tray. Leave till firm.
- Store frozen till ready to serve.
For a vegan option, use vegan chocolate and vegan butter.
Freezing the pecan truffles is an important step. It makes it easier to dip into the chocolate. Also the chocolate sets almost immediately when the truffles are frozen.
Use a small ice cream scoop to make the balls the same size.
You can just add pecan pieces chopped instead of pulsing them.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.