Who doesn’t like Orange Chicken, especially the ones you can get in the Chinese takeaways, right? When we lived in Atlanta there was one such eatery at the nearby mall I used to visit quite a few times every month just for that gooey but crunchy deliciousness. I knew it was LOADED in sugar but boy! It was so addictive. This is a much lighter version of that but is delicious in itself. There is no corn syrup or msg used here to enhance flavors- when you make fresh food, you don’t need to enhance anything! Happy cooking and eating @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Chicken boneless 2 cups
- Peanut oil 1 tbsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Hoisin sauce 2 tbsp
- Rice flour 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Korean red pepper flakes 2 tsp
- Oranges 2 juiced
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Fresh Chilies 2, chopped
- Ginger 1 inch, grated
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp for garnish
- Green onions 1 tbsp for garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add rice flour. Mix gently to coat the chicken.
- Heat peanut oil. Fry the chicken for a few minutes on high heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and chopped fresh chilies.
- In a bowl add orange juice, hoisin, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Mix.
- Add the sauce into the chicken. Add ½ cup of water. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook till the chicken is done.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!