A stir fried vegetable dish, this Carrot Thoran is a super quick, healthy, crunchy, vegan, gluten free warm salad that is ready in under 10 mins from start to finish. With so much goodness in one dish, you’d want to make this again and again! Simplicity is the key to this recipe. Only a little but of tempering is all you need as the freshness of the vegetable is what should come through in the dish. Top it on a Buddha salad or eat it with rice, the choice is yours @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 5 mins
- Carrots 2 cups, grated
- Coconut oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds ½ tsp
- Curry leaves 10-12
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Grated coconut 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp for garnish
- Heat coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and nigella seeds. Let it cook and splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the grated carrots. Cook on high. Add salt and turmeric.
- Add grated coconut. Mix everything.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Carrot Thoran is ready to be served.
The carrot should still have a slight crunch. Do not overcook. The carrots should be bright and crunchy.
Any vegetable can be used to make a thoran. Try this same recipe with cabbage, green beans, long beans or stain beans.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!