This creamy with a hint of spicy black pepper and paprika is just the kind of salad I love. You know when you order a salad at a restaurant and you get a ton of greens and a teensy bit of some protein – nope not fond of those 🙃 The added bonus of this recipe- the 5 mins it takes to make it. I seem to always have some hardboiled eggs in my fridge whether to rustle up a sandwich, chop into a salad, use in a wrap or simply make this salad. The sourdough bread I feel is the best bread to use as it holds the salad really well @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
- Eggs 3, hardboiled
- Himalayan pink salt a sprinkle
- Black Pepper 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise 1 tbsp
- Parsley 2 tsp, chopped
- Onion ½, small, finely chopped
- Paprika a sprinkle
- Sourdough bread 2 slices
- Cream cheese 2 tbsp
- Chives 1 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- In a small bowl add cream cheese, a little salt, chives and onion powder. Keep aside.
- Cook the eggs. Cool. Shell the eggs.
- In a bowl put in the eggs. Use a fork to slightly mash the eggs.
- Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Add chopped onion and chopped parsley.
- Toast the bread till golden. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toasted slices.
- Put the egg salad on each of the slices. Top with a few more sprigs of parsley.
I make boiled eggs in bulk in the pressure cooker. Simply put the eggs and cover with water. Cook for one whistle. Let the pressure release by itself. Shell the eggs and keep aside. Store leftovers in the fridge and use within 2-3 days.
Hardboiled eggs can be sliced thinly for sandwiches or mashed to make into a salad. You can also chop it to add to a salad with some bread croutons.
Toasting the bread is a must- that crusty crunchy bread with the flavored cream cheese adds another layer of flavor.
Sourdough bread goes really well with this because of its crusty, airy texture. The Lactobacillus genus from the lactic and acetic acids ferment the dough while the yeasts produce carbon dioxide gas to aerate the loaf resulting in intense flavor and its characteristic tang.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Thank you for sharing