This is a one pan, no fuss recipe. The key to this dish is simplicity and patience. No elaborate ingredients, no multiple steps and methods are needed. One bite into these noodles, I promise you, you’re coming back for more! @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
- Hong Kong Style Pan Fried Noodles 16 oz
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp
- Purple onions 2, large, thinly sliced
- Green onions 2 tbsp, chopped
- White pepper 2 tsp
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Mushroom flavored soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Shaoxing Wine 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 1 tbsp
- In a bowl combine together the following: mushroom flavored soy sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, oyster sauce, shaoxing wine, sesame oil and white pepper powder. Keep aside.
- Heat water in a wok. Let it come to a boil. Add the fresh noodles. Boil for exactly one minute using the tongs to separate the strands. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok. Spread out the noodles in an even layer all around the wok. Turn the heat to medium. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil around the rim and cook the noodles for about 4 mins till crunchy. Use a flat ladle to turn the noodles and cook the other side too. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the thinly sliced onions. Cook on high heat till it starts to caramelize. Add fried noodles and toss. Add the prepared sauce above. Use tongs to separate the cluster noodles so all the strands get tossed with the sauce. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Add sliced green onions. Serve immediately.
I like to drizzle a bit of chili oil on top.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW SARCHAKRA ON FACEBOOK| INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER I TIKTOK FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Thank you for sharing 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person