I love quick salads. I also like salads that are not smothered in dressing. One such dish is this. It is light, healthy and refreshing. You can have it at the beginning of a meal or at the end as a dessert. The key to this dish is its simplicity @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
- Beet 1
- Salt a little
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Lettuce a few leaves
- Mandarin 1
- Blueberries a small handful
- Strawberries a few, chopped
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Lime juice 2 tsp
- Micro greens for garnish
- Cut beet into quarters and cook in the pressure cooker for one whistle. Let the pressure release by itself. Peel the skin off and slice the beets thinly. Keep aside.
- Now it is time to supreme the mandarin. Peel the mandarin using a sharp knife. Place your knife in between the membrane and the fruit segment and cut the flesh. Repeat for the rest of the segments. Squeeze the juice out of the remaining mandarin and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix together the juice of the mandarin along with salt, pepper, lime juice and olive oil.
- In a serving plate arrange chopped lettuce. Top with sliced beet, mandarin, blueberries and chopped strawberries.
- Garnish with micro greens.
- Serve with the dressing on the side. Enjoy.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!