The base for this Buddha bowl is brown rice cooked with onions and sweetcorn along with the pinto beans I did the other day. For the pinto beans recipe check this link https://sarchakra.com/2020/05/04/pinto-beans/ The spices used in this recipe are minimal because the taste would naturally come from all the fresh vegetables used @sarchakra
- Brown rice 1 cup
- Onion 1, sliced
- Black pepper 2 tsp crushed
- Avocado oil 2 tsp
- Rinse rice a few times. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil. Sauté onions. Add rice followed by salt and crushed pepper. Add 2 cups of water and let it come to a boil. Lower heat, cover and let the rice cook till done. Keep aside.
- Oil 2 tsp
- Beans 1/2 cup cut into 2 inch pieces
- Cauliflower florets 1 cup
- Turmeric 2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Cherry tomatoes ½ cup halved
- Mushrooms 5-6, sliced thinly
- White onion 1, small, sliced
- Pepper Jack cheese 3 tbsp
- Curly leaf Parsley 2 tbsp
- Heat oil. Sauté mushrooms on high heat for a couple of minutes. Remove.
- Add in beans and sauté for just a few seconds so it retains its crunchiness. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, sauté cauliflower. Season with salt, turmeric and cumin powder.
- In a bowl put in ½ a cup of brown rice.
- Add in sautéd mushrooms, sautéd green beans, sliced onions, halved cherry tomatoes, sautéd cauliflower and pinto beans.
- Serve with grated pepper jack cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!