Hoisin Chicken is delicious and is ready within 15 mins. It is best to use boneless chicken for this recipe. I love to serve this with some rice, either jasmine or basmati @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
- Chicken 1 lb, boneless,cut into chunks
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Onion powder 2 tsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Hoisin sauce 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Ginger 1 tbsp, grated
- Rice cooking wine 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil 2 tsp
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- Basil 1 tbsp, chopped
- Potato starch 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in boneless chicken. Add garlic powder and onion powder. Sauté on high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in rice cooking wine, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, grated ginger and sesame oil. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Cover and cook on low heat till the chicken is done.
- Dissolve potato starch in 1 tbsp of water till a smooth mixture forms. Pour this mixture on the chicken. Turn the heat on high. Cook till the sauce is to a desired consistency. Turn the heat off.
- Add in chopped basil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with white or brown rice.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!