Shirataki ( meaning ‘white waterfall’ referring to the appearance of these noodles) noodles are made from konjac (Devil’s Tongue) yam and are different to wheat or rice based noddles. They are often called miracle noodles because they have 0 calories, fats or carbs! They are gluten free and grain free and therefore a great Paleo option for dieters. Fiber-packed with glucomannan starch also means bye bye to post-pasta bloat. Studies have shown that konjac fiber reduces cholesterol if eaten about 3 g per day. Add in as many veggies you like, some protein with tofu, shrimp or chicken and you have a nutritious and healthy keto friendly meal ready in minutes @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
- Shirataki Noodles Fettuccine Style 1 packet
- Shrimp 8-10 large
- Broccoli florets ½ cup
- Avocado oil 2 tbsp
- Mushrooms ½ cup
- Sugar snap peas ½ cup
- Yellow bell pepper ½ cup
- Orange bell pepper 1/2 cup
- Carrots ½ cup, cut
- White pepper 2 tsp
- Onion 1, cut into large chunks
- Ginger 1 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic 2 tsp, chopped
- Tamari soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Rice wine vinegar 2 tsp
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- Red chili flakes 2 tsp
- Almond butter 1 tbsp
- Cilantro for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes a few, cut in halves
- Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Prep the shirataki noodles according to the package directions. Keep aside.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, almond butter, fish sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Heat avocado oil. Add shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes till just cooked through. Remove.
- Sauté 1 tsp garlic, ginger and onions. Put in broccoli, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, carrots, yellow peppers and orange peppers. Sauté on high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the noodles and the prepared sauce. Add in the rest of the garlic, ginger, white pepper and red chili flakes. Mix in sautéd shrimp. Stir fry everything.
- Squeeze lime juice on the Pad Thai. Add in cilantro. Mix. Garnish with cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!