One of my New Year’s resolutions is using my Ninja Foodie that I bought more than a year ago. It has been sitting in my gadget shelf neglected since the day I bought it. Bear with me while I experiment and figure out how the machine works and how to use this machine to make some delicious food. I will have a separate category of recipes under Ninja Foodi as I create the recipes. Today’s recipe is Gobi (Whole Roasted Cauliflower) cooked in the Ninja Foodie. First the entire head of cauliflower is steamed. Then it is slathered with some Indian masala and put in air crisp mode. This is cooked till the masala starts to caramelize and slightly char. Also, the bonus, your house smells amazing when these spices start cooking @sarchakra
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 13 mins
YIELDS: Serves 4
- Cauliflower 1
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 1, paste
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chili powder 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 2 tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves 2 tsp, crushed
- Discard the leaves and prepare the head of the cauliflower.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Ninja Foodi pot. Place the Cook & Crisp basket into the pot.
- Make incisions on the cauliflower, slicing about halfway down. Place the cauliflower into the basket.
- Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to LOW. Set time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- In a bowl stir together vegetable oil, onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri chili powder, salt, turmeric, garam masala powder, red chili powder and dried fenugreek leaves.
- When pressure cooking is complete, turn the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Spread the oil mixture evenly over the cauliflower as well as inside as much as possible.
- Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 400°F. Set the time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, transfer cauliflower to a serving platter. Cut and serve.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sarchakra on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!